2019 Presentation Evening recognises Student Achievement
The Concordia Lutheran College community came together on Monday 11 November to celebrate the annual Presentation Evening at the Empire Theatre. The evening recognised the achievements of students in Years 7 to 12 in the fields of academia, The Arts, sport and cultural activities.
Congratulations to Holly Yarrow who was awarded the Year 12 Award of Excellence (Dux) award for 2019. Holly has achieved outstanding results in her final year at Concordia, also receiving the Merit Awards for being the highest achieving student in Year 12 Ancient History, English, Modern History, Music and Music Extension.
The Year 11 Award of Excellence was presented to Dion Warren and the Year 10 Award of Excellence was awarded to Ella Stangherlin.
An Award of Honour was presented to one student from each year level in Year 7 to 11. The Award of Honour is awarded to a student for his or her overall contribution to the College community in areas including reflection of Christian attitude, demonstration of leadership qualities, diligence in academic pursuits and commitment to extra-curricular activities.
The following students received the Award of Honour for their year level:
- Year 7 - Chloe Denning
- Year 8 - Zaeden Clayton
- Year 9 - Samuel Wong
- Year 10 - Tyla Parker
- Year 11 - Bridie Middleton
Other major awards presented on the night included:
- Spirit of Boarding Awards: Kiara Anderson & Christopher Marschall
- Itiovie Jegede Memorial Award for Dramatic Performance: Sophie Conrick
- Outstanding Vocational Education & Training Award: Liam Deans
- Sergeant Tim Zell Memorial Trophy: Laura Knott
- ADF Long Tan Leadership and Teamwork Award: Jordan Schloss
- John Stedman Memorial Award for Most Outstanding Sportsperson: Reiko Vermeulen
- Concordia Lutheran College Performing Arts Award: Rachel Peake
- Helen Abernethy Music Award: Rachel Peake
- Dance Award of Excellence: Clara Gratwick
- Owen J Janetzki Trophy for Outstanding Vocal Performance: Meg Kirby
- Stiller Trophy for Achievement in Piano: Holly Yarrow
The Presentation Evening also included special performances by Concordia's Concert Band, Big Band and dance students.