2019 Toowoomba Region Youth Leaders Program Applications Open
Concordia students are invited to apply for the 2019 Toowoomba Region Youth Leaders program, a volunteer platform developed to provide an opportunity for young people aged 14 to 24 years to become involved in the Toowoomba Regional Council.
This program allows youth from across the region to learn about local communities and groups, local events, activities and services available for young people.
The Youth Leaders will also be provided with opportunities to learn council processes and the role of local governments, as well as encouraging them to have a say and assist in developing ideas that will benefit not only the young people of the region but the wider community.
To be eligible to join the Youth Leaders program, applicants must:
- Live, work or study in the Toowoomba Region
- Be aged between 14 years and 24 years at the time of application
- Commit to attending all the training camps (see list below)
- Be committed to attending fortnightly meetings and community and youth events identified by the group*
The compulsory training camps will be held on the followinge dates:
- Camp 1: 25 to 28 September 2018
- Camp 2: 18-20 December 2018
*This program will require a time commitment of approximately eight hours per fortnight.
If you are interested in applying for this program, please view the following documents: