Concordia Lutheran College welcomes International students to our Stephen Street Campus and boarding communities. We offer a caring Christian environment and encourage our overseas students to participate fully in our country’s culture.
International student applicants must be able to demonstrate a sound proficiency in English in order to make the most of their academic and personal journey as this is an essential foundation for improvement and success at school and in future tertiary studies. See our Entry Requirements Policy for expectations.
Our College Enrolment Committee assesses all applications carefully in order to ensure that year level placement is appropriate and that students are offered the best possible opportunities for academic success.
Concordia Lutheran College is registered with CRICOS (00581G) to enrol Full Fee Paying Overseas Students.
It is necessary that students:
- Comply with the requirements of the Department of Immigration regarding regulations governing International student entry to Australia
- Maintain current Overseas Student Health Cover for the length of their visa
- Comply with the expectations of the College
- Comply with any decisions of the College relating to continued enrolment
- Comply with the Boarding expectations of the College until they terminate their association with the College.
Application for Enrolment
If you are considering enrolment in the near future, we would welcome contact prior to submitting an enrolment application to ensure we have a place available.
When lodging your Application for Enrolment please attach with the following supporting documentation:
- Photocopy of Student’s Passport and Visa (if already issued)
- Student’s last two (2) school reports, translated into English and certified as true copies
- Evidence of current English Language proficiency levels - AEAS Test preferred
- Application Fee of $100
Offers of Placement
Successful applicants will be forwarded a provisional Letter of Offer/Written Agreement, including a tax invoice for payment of a Semester’s fees in advance including Overseas Student Health Cover. Full Fee Paying Overseas Students are required by the Federal Government to take out medical cover for the entire duration of their stay under the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Scheme.
Confirmation of Placement
Enrolment is not confirmed until the place which has been offered has been accepted by receipt of the signed and completed Letter of Offer/Written Agreement and the payment of a Semester’s fees (including Overseas Student Health Cover).
On receipt of the required form and payment, the College will issue the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), which is required to support the student visa application. A Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter will also be provided for students under 18 who will be part of the College Boarding community.
CRICOS courses offered
Concordia Lutheran College accepts enrolments from international students in the following CRICOS registered courses:
- 064622G Junior Secondary (Years 7-10)
- 098171D Senior Secondary Studies (Years 11-12)
Depending on the student’s level of English proficiency, he/she may be required to participate in an English Language High School Preparation Course as offered by external Providers such as:
- Browns English Language School
- Imagine Education Australia
- Union Institute of Language
Please speak to our Registrar, Mrs Michelle Price, for further information.
It is a requirement of Concordia Lutheran College that all international students will be accommodated in the College Boarding Houses. This will assist the students to improve their English language proficiency and integrate into Australian life more easily. Homestay is only offered during vacation periods.
Handbooks, Policies and Information
- Accommodation & Welfare Policy
- Complaints & Appeals Policy
- Course Progress, Attendance & Duration Policy
- Deferment, Suspension and Cancellation Policy
- Entry Requirements Policy
- Overseas Student Transfer Request Policy
- Refund Policy
- Respectful Relationships Policy
- 2020 International Fee Schedule
The ESOS Framework
Australia’s laws promote quality education and consumer protection for international students. These laws are known as the ESOS framework.
International Education Agents
The following list provides the contact details of agents with whom Concordia Lutheran College has an Agency Agreement.
aec Education Consultancy
1802 Causeway Bay Plaza 2,
463 Lockhart Road
Tel: +852 2598 6166
Fax: +852 2598 6390
Aston Education Hong Kong
5th Floor, Office Plus @ Wanchai
303 Hennessy Road
Tel: +852 2866 9933
Fax: +852 2866 9880
Browns English Language School
Level 1, 102 Adelaide Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Gold Coast Campus:
5-7 Marshall Lane
Southport QLD 4215
Tel: +61 7 3221 7871