Baking: Orange Cake
Students undertaking baking at home should do so under the supervision of an adult. This orange cake recipe has two parts - baking the cake and making the icing.
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1.5 cups sifted self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1.5 cups sifted icing sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Combine all cake ingredients and beat thoroughly for three minutes.
- Pour mixture into a greased 20cm x 10cm loaf tin or 20cm ting tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Turn onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Beat butter until creamed.
- Add icing sugar and beat until fully combined.
- Add orange juice and orange zest.
Questions to consider:
- What level of difficulty would you rate this recipe?
- What changes would you make to improve the cake recipe?
- What could you serve this cake with?
Did you make the orange cake? Send us a photo to add to our gallery - email to email@example.com.Back to Create page