Teach Me Something Tuesdays
Each week a Junior College teacher will teach us something in this space. There will be a wide range of topics covered so make sure you check in every Tuesday so see what's new!
Week 1 - Tuesday 21 April
Join WSC Year 6 teacher Mr Paul Baker as he teaches us about the magical world of bees.Teach Me about Bees
Week 2 - Tuesday 28 April
Join Chloe from Hume Street Campus as she takes us through how to make a lava lamp. Thanks Chloe! This is a great, and fun, little science experiment.
Week 3 - Tuesday 5 May
Mr John Trappett, Year 3 teacher and Visual Arts teacher at Warwick Street Campus, shows us how to draw a realistic eye!
Week 4 - Tuesday 12 May
This week, Mr John Trappett, Year 3 teacher and Visual Arts teacher at Warwick Street Campus, shows us how to draw a manga style eye!
Week 5 - Tuesday 19 May
WSC Year 2 student, Annabelle Scouller, has shared her recipe for a favourite winter dessert, Golden Syrup Dumplings! Yum!
Annie’s Golden Syrup Dumplings
- 150g self-raising flour
- 60g cold, cubed butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 130ml milk
- 500ml water
- 80g sugar
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- Place self raising flour and butter in a bowl. Combine until the mixture forms a breadcrumb type consistency.
- Add sugar and milk. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Roll a tablespoon worth of mixture into a ball. Repeat for the remaining dough. Leave dumplings to rest while you prepare the sauce.
- Place water, sugar and golden syrup into a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar. Bring to the boil.
- Place dumplings gently into the sauce.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer and cool for 10-15 mins until the dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve with ice cream, cream or custard.