Commemorate Anzac Day with these classic biscuits. Our Stephen Street Campus Receptionist Mrs Kate August has recommended this recipe from Taste.com.au.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup, firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine flour, oats, coconut and combined sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir the butter, golden syrup and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Add to the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Roll level tablespoonfuls of the oat mixture into balls and place, about 5cm apart, on the prepared trays. Flatten until about 1cm thick. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 15 minutes or until light golden. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
The original recipe can be located here:Back to Middle and Senior College page Back to Junior College Anzac Day page Back to Middle and Senior College Anzac Day page