Concordia's Finance Officer, Mrs Christine Briskey, has recommended this recipe from Berry Sweet Life.
- 3 or 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, or olive oil
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt, or milk
- 1/4 cup honey, or maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups wholewheat flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C, grease and lightly flour a loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas well with a fork, stir in the melted coconut oil and Greek yoghurt. Now stir in the honey, eggs, vanilla essence, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir in the flour until just combined, don’t over mix. Pour the batter into the loaf tin and level out by gently shaking the tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out free of batter (if there is some banana on the toothpick that's ok).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the loaf tin on a wire rack. Turn the bread out onto the wire rack and allow the bottom of the loaf to cool before slicing.
The original recipe can be located here: Berry Sweet Life Banana Bread RecipeBack to Middle and Senior College page